My Adventures on the Ice

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting back down...

So... I am trying to get myself back down to the ICE. After spending the last 2 years here back in the states, finishing school, spending time with loved ones, and working has been the way I have spent my time. I am not opposed to staying here, but at the same time, I want to get back out of my comfort zone, enjoy the wonderful beauty outside of my current world. I currently have applied for several jobs down on the ICE, all of which would keep me in or around McMurdo, and I am currently waiting to hear back from them. I am so not good with having to wait... but there is a purpose for it even if I don't know why. A couple of the jobs that I have applied for would take me off station, to a field camp, this would be a very new cool adventure as well. The other thing I would love to do, is winter, but first things first lets try to get down there. As for now, it is a waiting game... a game in which I have never been fond of, but... A lesson that I am constantly learning as for now, I am left to watch what the winter is like down at MCM on a webcam: http://www.usap.gov/videoClipsAndMaps/mcmwebcam.cfm

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home