My Adventures on the Ice

Monday, December 19, 2005

Fuels Department

I was asked to work for a few weeks in the Fuels department. This was a temporary job that lasted for about a month. I was given the opportunity to have this job full time, but decided to stay with what I already had, as it presented me with many more options for working with many more people and learning more about Antarctica. While in the Fuels department I tested the fuel that is used to fuel the aircrafts. I also was a key player in the fuel transfers to the runways. This took many hands and also a person standing by valves in case of any problems. This was an interesting job that allowed me to learn a lot about one of the most precious commodities that we have down here. Everything that we use in Antarctica requires fuel in one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home