My Adventures on the Ice

Thursday, August 25, 2005

6 Weeks left in the USA!!!

I just found out my departure date today. I will be leaving Fresno on October 10th and will be stopping at LAX to meet up with all of the rest of the people that I will be traveling with. I am one of 4 and possibly 5 interns that will be on this flight, which is nice, it will give me some people that I already know to talk to. Leaving LAX I will then travel to Auckland, New Zealand and then from there into Christchurch, New Zealand where I will stay for 2 days and then Leave on October 14th to then land on the Ice.

While in Christchurch I will recieve my Extreme Cold Weather Gear (ECW Gear) and will have some safety training. When I am not doing that I will get to explore Christchurch some, hang out and get to know some of the other people going down, and also just have time to relax.

Well for now I am just ordering some warm clothes and starting to put a list of things together for my trip. I will keep this up to date for all to read what is going on and how things are going.

3 Comments:

  • I gotta tell you, I'm so worried that one day, I'm going to check this site, and it is going to say, "well, I lost a toe today..." because you are ON A BLOCK OF ICE! You better dress warm, because if you do lose any body parts because of the cold, I won't be able to stop from laughing, I'll feel really bad, but I will have to laugh, because you are going to a BLOCK OF ICE! Do you realize that? I'm sure you do! I'll have to convince a few people that we should come down and visit you....hmmmm that would be interesting!

    By Blogger Ryan & Julie, at 8/30/2005 9:10 AM  

  • I wanna visit:) Your going to have so much freakin' fun!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2005 9:52 AM  

  • opps that's snoopy ^ :0]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2005 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home