My Adventures on the Ice

Monday, September 26, 2005

Itinerary

I got my Itinerary for the Ice... I leave Fresno on American Airlines at 6:30pm on 10/10 and will fly into LAX at 7:40pm. I have a 2 hour layover and then will be boarding a Qantas Flight at 9:30pm for a 12 hour and 30 min flight to Auckland, arriving at 6:10am on 10/12 and have a 2 hour layover to get though customs and get to the flight that takes me to Christchurch. I board that flight at 8:30am and will land at 9:50. For those of you adding it up that is 15 hours of flight time. with very minimal layovers to find my next flight, maybe in a different terminal and to go though customs along with everyone else going though customs. I am sure it will all work out just fine though. Raytheon booked the flights and they know how long everything should take to get places. I will have 2 days to sleep and get to know my fellow co-workers in Christchurch before I board the military cargo plane to fly down to the ice. That is somewhere between a 6 and 8 hour flight depending on the plane. Well I think that is it for now. I will post more as I get closer... I leave in 2 weeks from today, I am totally excited, but the reality of leaving Fresno and the people I know and care about is starting to set in... Although it is only 4 1/2 months down there It will definately be different.

3 Comments:

  • Did I know this was for Raytheon? What part of the company??

    By Blogger Kristin, at 10/03/2005 8:58 PM  

  • I can't believe you leave this weekend!!!! Are you excited? Ready to go? Oh my gosh, I've been complaining about cold feet at night here...I can't even IMAGINE what you're going to experience for the next few months! Fun!!

    By Blogger jerelyn, at 10/06/2005 5:47 AM  

  • Hi Katie! this is completely unrelated to this, but we got a dog! I haven't seen it yet, but the pictures look really cute! I will e-mail you when I find out more! I miss you, see you in march!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home