My Adventures on the Ice

Monday, December 19, 2005

The Dry Valley’s

I was given the opportunity to go out to the Dry Valley’s to assist a science group with some research that they were doing. This was suppose to be a day trip but turned out to be a trip that was first canceled due to weather, and then the next day we flew out to the Valley’s but because of bad weather I was not able to meet up with the science group I was suppose to meet up with. I did get to go to another location and see some incredible things along the way. The Dry Valley’s are known for their lakes and the glacier formations. There is so much to learn about this area. I got to see the saltiest lake on the continent, the longest and biggest river on the continent, along with so much else. On the third day we flew again and made it out to the group I was meeting up with. As we got there, we noticed a snow storm was coming in and so instead of getting to do a 5 mile hike we just set the helicopter down and went straight to the site where the grad student downloaded data from his sensors. It is incredible to get to learn everything that is going on in the science field.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home